Job Posting - we're hiring!
Do you love craft beer?
We are looking for a taproom manager who is enthusiastic about craft beer, energetic, friendly, motivated, outgoing, service-oriented, hardworking and who takes initiative.
POS and light computer skills are required.
Full-time hours: ~40 hours per week (primarily Thursday
through Sunday, our taproom hours)
Job Types: Full-time, Casual
Salary: $21 per hour plus tips
Job Description / Duties (including but not limited to):
- Have strong love for craft beer and a desire to continually grow and learn
- Serve Third Moon craft beer in the Taproom according to “Smart Serve” guidelines and make recommendations regarding our beer selection
- Be friendly, genuine and always put our customers first
- Sell bottles and cans, and Third Moon merchandise
- Restock and replenish inventory when needed
- Become knowledgeable about the community and learn about the history of Third Moon
- Manage/run events/tours of the brewery (may require extra hours)
- Be familiar with all of Third Moon’s promotions and events and assist with on-site events as needed
- Manage/update digital menus
- Manage draft kegs and view of draft options with available kegs
- Provide input on draft volumes and selections based on customer response
- Record drink orders and sales into the POS system (Shopify)
- Accept guest payment, process credit cards, debit cards and make change
- Serve items from the bar/snack menu
- Maintain cleanliness in the bar/store area as well as dish area and washrooms
- Display a sense of urgency and self-starting personality with attention to detail; we work in an environment that is constantly changing.
- Complete opening and closing duties
- Demonstrate the ability to interact with the public and co-workers in a friendly, respectful, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Answer customer inquiries (phone, email, etc during working hours only)
- Be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time and remain cheery
- Change kegs, clean draft lines, restock fridge, take direction, complete all tasks fully and on time
- Valid Smart Serve certification
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge and experience of restaurant/tasting room operations and service procedures
- Math skills, able to handle cash and POS terminal
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, lift kegs, cases and climb up a ladder
- Ability to lift full kegs of beer and cases of beer as required (we have dollies)
- Punctual and reliable
- Well versed in beer history, brewing techniques, styles, flavour profiles or possess a willingness to learn
- Education and/or Experience
- Interest and enthusiasm for craft beer, basic knowledge of beer styles
- 1 year experience in the service/hospitality industry preferred
- Valid and clean G driver's license
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Shifts are Thursday through Sunday weekly with approximately the following hours (set-up and tear-down just outside of our taproom open hours), approx:
- Thurs – 2:00pm-9:30pm
- Fri – 11:15am-9:30pm
- Sat – 10:15am-9:30pm
- Sun – 10:15am-7:30pm
- Some holidays
We encourage job applications from diverse communities as well as those with intersectional identities and we do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other status.
If interested, please email email@example.com. Thank you!
See our "EVENTS" website page for a full listing of events.
Come enjoy a beer here with us in our taproom at 295 Alliance Road, Unit 3, in Milton, Ontario. This is our production facility so you can even catch a glimpse of us brewing on brew days and see where all the magic happens. Our space is filled with conversation pieces and art inspired by our beer labels. The soundtrack is energetic and heavy with our favourite songs that match the vibe of our beer label artwork.
Please keep in mind:
- Taproom hours are Thursdays 3-9, Fridays noon-9, Saturdays 11-9, Sundays 11-7.
- Taproom entrance is the front door of Unit 3
- First come, first served - no reservations
- It's 'cash 'n' carry' meaning you pay as you go at the bar, so no table service
- We have light snacks available but feel free to order/bring in food
- Children and well-behaved dogs welcome
- No growler fills
- There's only one road in and one road out so please drink responsibly!
We have 12 taps with a nice spread of styles). We offer 4oz and 12/16oz pours so you can figure out what you like before committing to a full pour. We also have can & bottle pours available from selections in our bottle shop that you can enjoy here in the taproom.